Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How crucial is it to get that 50" Plasma?

Is it worth a human life? I wonder if those people who showed up at Wall Mart at 5am on Black Friday are enjoying their TV right now. I wonder if they can sleep at night. Well, I'm sure they can because they're all probably saying to themselves, as they numb their brains with senseless programing, like Britney Spear's latest documentary, "I didn't do it! It wasn't me who stepped over him, I walked around him."

How important I say, is getting that 50% off? Is it worth killing someone over it? Is it that important that you would see a guy lying on the floor and still walk right over him in order to get to the electronics isle before anyone else? Is it that important that you see this guy on the floor and don't even take 12 seconds to extend your hand and offer to help him up?

I saw the most terrifying thing on TV today. As the body of this 34 year old black man, who had been working at this Wall Mart for just a week, was being wheeled out, DEAD, into the ambulance, people were passing right by on their way to their cars with their huge TV sets (or whatever it is they had purchased) in their shopping carts not even looking, not even taking the time to acknowledge that a human life had been lost and it was literally passing right by them.

The whole thing is DISGUSTING to me. It makes me question my faith in mankind. 

No comments: